Friday, February 18, 2011

From iPod with Love: a mobile-written fable of appreciation and blessings

For my readers who know me personally, you are probably familiar with the fact that two of the most precious pieces of electronics I own are currently hyperhydrated and therefore, slowly dying. Yes, I have water damage, folks--and it don't look too pretty.

I am currently operating on my iPod, which by the grace of some god has survived its SECOND attempted aqua-homicide this week. Needless to say, I'm thrilled, as I can still use the Internet gratuitously on this little guy. He's a tank, I tell ya.

However, I must say that I was not so thankful last night when I discovered that my brand new Louis Vuitton bag was carrying extra weight--water weight, that is! CRAP! A renegade water bottle with a cheap cap and a flimsy body was the culprit. At the time, computer was toast, phone was toast, and even iPod seemed toast. I was miserable! Like any Gen-Y, I operate entirely on technology! I can't live without it, and a lot of precious school info and music is on there! MUSIC! Life sucked then.

Later on, I realized two things after this happened: 1, I needed to stop taking my things for granted and start being a little more careful. 2, these things...they're just that: things. In all honesty, I can easily replace them. It could have been so much worse. I almost feel like this happened just to remind me of these things.

As a reader of my blog, you are probably wondering, "Well, what does this have anything to do with relationships?" Truly, the answer is prety simple. Love your partner. Cherish your partner. The next time you feel like yelling, don't, because it's probably not even worth it. Never take your partner for granted, or you might lose them. And people, that's a hell of a lot more than a busted phone. Always remember this and I can promise you you'll be so much happier.

--Dr. O.

p.s. For those of you curious fasionistos/as, the bag is fine. My he pulled through great, and he'll need nothing more than a checkup at the Scottsdale mall.

p.p.s. My genius of a boyfriend has fixed my computer and is in the process of fixing my phone. I will never complain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment