Getting over an ex clearly isn't an easy thing, especially if the relationship was particularly long or if either party made a sizable offense against the other. However, if you feel that you need to break it off with someone for good, then it's important that you do it properly. Here are ways that you can alleviate the pain and accelerate your new life as a single person!
1. Utilize the block feature of your Facebook or any other social networking site you use. This is crucial. These sites are annoying enough while you're in a relationship, so imagine how hard it's going to be seeing your now-ex in pictures with other people and flirting with them on wall posts.
2. If you can, block all phone numbers of your now-ex. AND KEEP IT THAT WAY. Believe me, there are ways that you can do this. If you have Verizon, e-mail me and I can tell you how. If you have any questions about it, call your provider. If you can't block them for whatever reason, just don't answer the phone when they call and immediately delete any voicemails.
3. Do not let friends fill you in on what is going in your ex's life. You don't care. They are out of your life. Hearing anything will just be hurtful and unnecessary.
4. Avoid places that you know your ex will be and if you do happen to catch a glimpse of them, avoid them like the plague or leave. Do not be tempted into following or watching them.
5. Finally, have a life. Yes, it goes without saying that you spend as much time as possible being with friends, family, and your interests after a breakup. Yes, we should obviously pay attention to these things whether we're in a relationship or not, but this is crucial.
Time will heal all things--cliched, but true. Do these things and you'll heal a hell of a lot faster.